Effective June 1, 2010
Please also read the Terms and Conditions governing the use of the Site and the Nextxt Services.
Information We Collect, and How We Use It
Nextxt collects personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, and collects or creates other data that is not tied to your personal information. The following describes the type of information we collect and how we collect it.
Information You Explicitly Give Us:
In order to use some Nextxt Services (the Site and the services made available through the Site) such as monthly subscriptions, you will need to create a user account. To create, access and maintain that account, you will have to provide us with your mobile telephone number, a user name and a password.
We may also ask you for additional personal information, such as your Zip or postal code, year of birth or age, email address, and hobbies or areas of interest. You can choose not to provide us with that additional personal information, but certain Nextxt Services may not be available to you.
In order to send a Nextxt, you must provide us with the mobile phone number of the recipient.
Information You May Not Know You Give Us:
Information We Obtain from Third Parties:
We work with third parties to collect the information necessary to deliver and bill for Nextxts. The data we exchange includes the name of your wireless services carrier, the recipient's wireless services carrier, their handset model, and the price of the Nextxt. We may retain this data in non-personally identifiable form (so your name, if we have it, won't be linked to the transaction) and analyze it in aggregate in order to respond to customer service issues and to improve our product.
We may collect non-personally identifiable information from marketing and content partners related to the performance of their content on the Site.
We may rely on third parties to collect and / or analyze the log file information described below.
Information We Generate Internally:
Our servers automatically record "log file" information that your browser sends when you visit the Site. This information includes your numeric Internet Protocol address, your operating system, and your browser type and version. In addition, we record data about activity on the Site, such as page requests, date and time, sources of traffic, and files downloaded. None of this data personally identifies you.
We use this information to monitor and analyze how visitors use the Nextxt Services and to maintain and improve the Site. We may publish or release some of this information in anonymous, non-personally identifiable form, such as in an information packet for potential advertisers. We may rely on third parties to collect, process, and summarize this information.
Messages: When you send a Nextxt through the use of the Nextxt Services, we may access the content of these messages and retain these messages in order to process your request to transmit the message.
Other Third Parties Who Receive Your Information
Any third party involved with the delivery of Nextxts may have access to some of your information. This may include your ISP, when you submit information over the web; other data networks over which your information travels; our colocation partners, who run our servers; any 'content delivery networks' we use to speed delivery of content; mobile 'aggregators' who deliver information from Nextxt to the mobile carriers; your mobile carrier; and the recipient's mobile carrier. Some of these, such as your mobile carrier, may have their own independent access to personal information about you.
The personal information that you provide to us is stored on servers which are located in secured collocation facilities with restricted access and which are protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to Nextxt employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Nextxt Services. All Nextxt personnel who have access to this information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information.
However, Nextxt can not protect user information all along the delivery chain. No server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of any of the Nextxt Services. You acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems and those of our service providers.
Sharing of Information
We may share the personal information we collect from you with others under the following circumstances:
Protection of rights
We will share your personal information if we have a good faith belief that:
- access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities,
- such action is appropriate to enforce the Terms of Service for the Site, including any investigation of potential violations thereof, such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Nextxt Services, or
- such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Nextxt, its employees, users of the Nextxt Services or others.
Changes in our business may result in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of Nextxt's assets, including the personal information we collected from you through the Site or your use of the Nextxt Services. If Nextxt or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
We may share your personal information with service providers that we engage for the purpose of processing and / or delivering information on our behalf. These may include third parties that we use to send:
- promotional messages that you have opted to receive about the Site, Nextxt Services, or other products or services offered by Nextxt,
- messages to you in response to your request to perform an activity in connection with your use of any of the Nextxt Services or
- newsletters, special offers or information about updates of the Nextxt Services that you have opted to receive.
Communicating With You
We may send you email, text messages, or other communication in order to contact you:
- About matters related to your account;
- To reply to a message (email or some other communication) that you sent to us;
- If you have elected to receive certain types of email from us, such as a newsletter;
- If one of our third party service providers needs to contact you in order to resolve a problem – for instance, if a carrier failed to deliver a Nextxt to you. Such providers must agree not to otherwise contact you and to not share your e-mail address or other personal information without your permission.
Otherwise, we will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your e-mail address without your permission.
If you feel you have received an e-mail from us in error, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the opt-out procedures below.
Opting Out of Receiving Communications from Us
You may opt out of receiving future communications by doing one of the following:
- Follow the opt out directions included in the messages we send;
- If available, fill out a unsubscribe web form on the Nextxt.com website;
- Send a request to email@example.com detailing which communications you no longer want to receive and which email addresses the opt out applies to;
- Send a written request to the following mailing address: Nextxt, Llc, 2125 College Park Lane, Lakesite, TN 37379.
We may choose not to fulfill any request that we determine is unreasonable, unduly burdensome or impractical or that constitutes a threat to the privacy or rights of others.
Third Party Sites
The Site is a general audience website and no portion of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect personal identifying information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user of the Site is under 13 years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information we have collected through the Site relating to that user.
Effective Date and Changes
Questions? Contact Us
2125 College Park Lane
Lakesite, TN 37379